The Leibniz-Institute for Educational Trajectories e. V. invites applications for the following full-time position (TV-L E13, starting at the next possible date, limited for a period of up to 4 years):
The Leibniz-Institute for Educational Trajectories e. V. (LIfBi) is an independent infrastructure facility conducting empirical educational research and associated with the University of Bamberg. LIfBi is responsible for operating the National Educational Panel Study (NEPS). The main task of this long-term project is the provision of representative data on competence development and educational trajectories in Germany.
Your work environment:
You are working in a team of about 190 employees with academic and non-academic work focus at our location in Bamberg. As part of the Center for Study Management you will be at a junction between all other departments as well as our partners within the NEPS consortium and the commissioned field agencies. As an infrastructure unit, the Center for Study Management develops and secures standards and processes for the realization of highly complex studies in the field of the social sciences, it ensures their completion, and thus establishes the relevant state-of-the-art in international comparison.
- The position advertised is intended for surveymethodological research. The successful candidate will systematize the relevant state of research, analyze data from LIfBi surveys and publish the results in peer reviewed articles as well as in process descriptions (e.g. in the form of best-practice guidelines based on the state of the art of research and common practice).
- Within the scope of the activity the successful candidate will cooperate with the heads of the Center for Study Management and its operational units as well as with the heads of the scientific departments and
- will contribute to establish a survey-methodological profile of the LIfBi.
- At least six publications (peer review) within the scope of the tasks described are expected to be published by the end of the fixed-term contract.
- Completed degree (M.A. or equivalent) with a focus on empirical social research, e.g. sociology, psychology, political science, social economics, empirical educational research
- Publication history expected
- Professional experience in the field of survey-methodological research
- Profound knowledge in the field of quantitative methods of empirical social research
- Doctoral degree is an advantage
- High level of organizational and communication skills
- High proficiency with statistics software (preferably Stata); experience with analyzes of longitudinal data is an advantage
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- An attractive academic work environment
- Introduction into a topic that is increasingly in the focus of public attention
- Collaboration in the largest longitudinal study in Germany
- Flexible working hours in a pleasant work atmosphere
- A company pension scheme with deferred compensation at the VBLU
The LIfBi attaches great importance to equal opportunities for women and men. Where candidates are otherwise equally qualified, preference will be given to candidates with disabilities.For questions on the position, please contact:
Dr. Jutta von Maurice (+49 951 863-2786, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please use our online form to send your application with informative and complete documents no later than
30.04.2020 with the subject “Zentrum für Studienmanagement – Surveymethodologie 306”.All submitted data on your person will be deleted six months after completion of the application process at the latest.