|The Swedish-Turkish exchange and research program Rememberings: Human Rights, Historical Trauma and the Future of Pluralism in Turkey and the Eastern Mediterranean, financed by the Swedish Institute and hosted by the Swedish Research Institute in Istanbul, is seeking to hire a project coordinator for a 18-month fixed term part-time position, starting as soon as possible from April, 2020.|
The position entails practical assistance in planning and arranging workshops, international study trips and an international summer school in Istanbul; identification of partnership opportunities and relevant research; outreach to and communication with relevant parties; setting up and upkeep of a wordpress-based homepage; preparations of other communicative output such as podcasts; upholding communication with the team and other stakeholders. The project coordinator should be based in Istanbul in order to work in close collaboration with the rest of the project team.
– Doctoral or master student within an academic field related to human rights, Ottoman and post-Ottoman history, cultural heritage, minorities in the Eastern Mediterranean
– Documented experience from working in civil society
– Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
– Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
– Excellent communication skills in Turkish and English; skills in Arabic and languages of the Western Balkans are desireable.
– Experience in project and/or financial administration and social media management are particularly valuable.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March 2020. Put “Coordinator” in the Subject field.