IGAM was founded in 2013 in Ankara, Turkey as an independent and non-profit association to fill the void of there not being any independent research center in Turkey dealing with asylum and migration. Our mission is further the rights of refugees and to promote these in Turkey and worldwide. We seek to create worldwide awareness of socio-economic situation that asylum and migration brings with it. Our mission is to identify and develop solutions within the context of advocacy. Hence, we would like to enhance our human resource capacity for our current project.
Duration of the Position: 7 months
- To work directly with the Project Manager to ensure CRM mechanism in the Ankara project office including, face to face, e-mail and phone complaints and feedback are collected properly from beneficiaries.
- Compile and submit quality reports to Program Coordinator & project manager for further consolidation and management decision making
- Support/ participate in developing the accountability system of the projects.
- Develop information provision materials in coordination with project team.
- Conduct observations, Focus Group Discussions and information provision activities with different persons of different age groups (children, youth, adults) and different gender
- Protect the confidentiality of the beneficiaries’ data/information; Carry out monitoring visits and support M& E Process from the accountablity perspective.
- Work independently and/or jointly with the multi-sectoral project teams. This includes collecting quality and reliable quantitative and qualitative (FGDs and one to one sesions) data as per the accountability plan.
- Work closely with projects’ staff in the field and track progress against projects’ indicators on monthly basis and update indicators’ tracking sheet in cooperation with the M&E officer.
- Work closely with relevant project staff and partners to collect compliance feedback and to esnure that beneficaries reach accurate service.
- Conduct one success story/case study about project interventions at the end of each month.
- Carry out jointly monitoring visits every week to infıhubs prepare a joint monitoring report including agreed action points during visits and follow up on action points from the joint monitoring visits.
- Translate monitoring and compliance data collected from the field from Arabic to English/ Turkish language and vice versa, when required.
- Provide M&E inputs in accordance with complaince mechanisms to monthly, quarterly and annual project reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in international development, international relations, statistics, rural development, data management, or other relevant discipline
- Minimum 6 months’ experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection activities (surveys, assessments, monitoring, evaluations, etc.)
- Fluency in speaking Arabic is required
- Ability to write very good quality reports in English is preferable
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organizational relationships
- Inspires trust within/outside of the organization
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability
- Minimum one-year experience of working in a relief or development agency (preferably in the monitoring and evaluation domain)
- Ability to travel to the project offices with a schedule.