- ORGANISATION/COMPANY: University of Bayreuth
- RESEARCH FIELD: Chemistry, Engineering, Information science, Physics, Technology
- RESEARCHER PROFILE: Recognised Researcher (R2) Established Researcher (R3)
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 27/07/2021 23:00 – Europe/Brussels
- LOCATION: Germany › Bayreuth
- TYPE OF CONTRACT: Temporary
- JOB STATUS: Full-time
- HOURS PER WEEK: 40
- OFFER STARTING DATE: 01/10/2021
The Bavarian Center for Battery Technology (BayBatt) at the University of Bayreuth offers
eight positions as Postdoc (f/m/d)
in Battery Science or Battery Engineering (open topic)
to commence at the earliest opportunity. BayBatt (www.baybatt.uni-bayreuth.de) is a central scientific institute of the University of Bayreuth teaming up 15 professors working on batteries. The State of Bavaria strongly supports BayBatt within its Hightech Agenda and further highly ranked research grants of the German government have already been awarded.
BayBatt combines the interdisciplinary battery-specific expertise of the University of Bayreuth all the way from physics and chemistry to materials science, engineering, computer science, and finally to economics. The research focuses on safe high-performance materials, interface phenomena and transport processes, smart batteries, interconnected storage systems and sustainability, and covers all size scales of battery research from the atomistic structure to particles, cell components and cells, battery modules and battery systems, right through to the higher-level energy system.
Team BayBatt is looking for a highly motivated scientist (f/m/d) with a strong background in battery science or battery engineering. Your supervisor will be chosen based on your research proposal.
What we offer:
- A fixed-term position for one year (pay grade E13, details on request, full time).
- Access to central key-labs with a broad repertoire of state-of-the-art analytics.
- A stimulating scientific environment with sparring partners to develop a career in battery science or engineering.
- A supportive, interdisciplinary, and international team in an exciting research field with plenty of creativity.
- A family-friendly working environment with flexible working hours and opportunities for professional and personal development.
Tasks as a Postdoc:
- Self-reliant research in the group of your supervisor, enhancing your scientific qualification.
- Establish cooperation within and outside BayBatt.
- Leave a footprint in the international battery research community.
- Enhancing your scientific qualification – gaining the qualification for becoming a junior group leader is appreciated.
- Ph. D. – with excellent expertise in the field of battery research.
- Early career researchers up to 2 years after finishing their PhD. Experience in supervising students is helpful.
The University of Bayreuth sees the diversity of its staff as an essential asset and is highly committed to the goal of gender equality. Female scholars and any persons who can help make the research and teaching profile of the university more divers are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with children are highly welcome. The University of Bayreuth is a member of the best practice club Family at University. In addition, an extended audit conducted by the German Rectors’ Conference (HRK) returned a favorable review for the University of Bayreuth’s commitment to internationalization. All qualifications being equal, applicants with disabilities will be given priority.
- Cover letter
- CV outlining education and academic career
- List of publications, highlighting your publications related to batteries as well as your top publication.
- Copies of all diplomas and certificates
- Names of two reference persons
- Research proposal (max. 2 pages) related to BayBatt, including expected results and expected benefit for BayBatt.
Please apply online by 27.06.2021, with the subject line “Postdoc BayBatt” via the University of Bayreuth’s application platform
The documents will be deleted in accordance with data protection requirements once the position has been filled.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Matthias Daab ([email protected], Tel. +49 921-55-7030)